With the OzLotto draw just a few minutes away 1 in 4 adult Australians will hold their breath hoping their numbers come and start a new day tomorrow as multi-millionaires. For some just having a ticket in the draw is enough to ignite daydreams on how to spend that vast amount of money. I paid my $25.30 and I’ve spent a few minutes wondering how best to spend that money, well maybe not the best way but definitely a way that I would love to. Some say you can daydream for free and that’s all well and good but if you’re not in it, then you got zero chance of having those daydreams fulfilled, at least with a $25.30 worth of daydream, you have one in 45 million chance. It’s a minute chance but still a chance.
So let’s get on with it, in no particular order of importance, here is where I would spend $50 million.
- Buy an Audi R8 – it’s not over the top like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari but enough to get the blood racing.
- Travel around the World with Donna, preferably on an Airbus A380 First Class suites.
- Pay off our mortgage & existing debts.
- Pay off our parent’s mortgage & somewhat secure our siblings’ financial future.
- Invest in ADDS, a transport company owned and operated by the up & coming transport tycoon Adam Ornowski.
- Buy a profitable business – I don’t know what exactly, I haven’t really given it much thought, I’d probably wait until I get back from my around the world trip before I’d decide.
- Buy shares in BHP Billiton.
- Build our dream home on a land big enough for us to own horses.
- Buy a racehorse.
- Fulfil my dream of flying and purchase a pre-owned Cessna 2006 Citation CJ3
That’s it, nothing too extravagant or lavish but enough to improve quality of life.