While we were getting of the Singapore flight Adam and I had a brief chat to the flight steward and we mentioned that we were staying at York Hotel, he said that it was a nice hotel and that we were going to like it. York Hotel is located pretty much in the heart of the city. It is about a ten minute walk to Orchard Road maybe less, Orchard Road is Singapore's main shopping and entertainment belt. Expensive shops like Gucci, Chanel and Fendi are on this road which is open until late at night.
York hotel has a four star rating but looking at the high rise building at first glance it looks like that there are no windows which I thought was quite odd. That didn't matter to us much since we were given rooms in the Cabana which is next to the pool on the bottom floor. To get to these rooms we had to go through the basement level and then walk outside. These cabana's are quite expensive which I was very surprised to find out, one night stay can is between $480-$630 Singapore dollars or $400-$520 Aussie dollars a night. In comparison you could probably get a room at the Park-Hyatt Sydney for $650 a night and there you will hopefully get a softer bed. I'm probably comparing apples and oranges but damn those beds are hard.
The staff though were friendly enough and looked after us well. We were only there for short period but if I had to come back and stay there again I will probably ask if they have a softer mattresses available. One of the best things about this hotel is that it was close to the main shopping strip especially if you're a woman with very expensive taste.
• Coffee/Tea making facilities
• IDD telephone
• Doctor-on-call 24 hours a day
• Wireless Broadband Internet Access
• Bedside control panel for TV, radio, lights etc.
• 24-hour in-house movies
• CNN – News Channel
• NHK – Japanese Channel
• 24-hour room service
• Non-smoking rooms are available upon request
• Rooms with dual phone lines are available upon request
• Business centre with broadband Internet access
• Tour Desk
• Laundry & dry cleaning services
• In-Room Safe/Safe Deposit Boxes at Reception
• Vingcard electronic card-key lock system for added security
OTHER FACILITIES WITHIN THE HOTEL
• Fitness Centre
• Shopping Arcade
• One adult pool; a children's pool
and an outdoor Jacuzzi
• Hair Salon
• Coffee House
• Coffee Bar
• Bar with entertainment